Thursday, November 26, 2015

Transfer Calls

So this week was just a big mess. I had gotten all of my goodbyes said to all of the members and then on Tuesday on the way to district meeting I got a call from President Kohler. I wasn't going to Passau anymore. Rather to the Stuttgart International/Military ward. It's so big. My area is the entire Stuttgart zone. It's so crazy. Our ward building is the size of an American stake center. We have so many people come to our ward too. There's like 150 people there every week! The ward is just full of a bunch of US military. Plus we get to go onto the military bases here. The members feed us so much here and we can get any American stuff. Gold fish, Root Beer, hot chocolate. It's so wonderful. Plus now I get to enjoy the city life. My new companion is Elder Donald from Memphis Tennessee. He's a way cool guy and we've hit it off really well. I love it here in Stuttgart. It's such a neat area. I'm so excited for all of the adventures I'm going to have. It's nice because I get to geek out with the military and talk to them. Stuttgart is beautiful. Our apartment is a little smaller than Rosenheim but it's a lot newer and nicer. It's a great area. 

Now for the rest of the week. Monday night we went down to Fischbachau for family home evening with the Dzierzon's. We got there and had some really good hamburgers but it was only the parents and Christopher. We shared a really good lesson with them about trials in life. Then I said my last goodbyes. Chris drove us home and he gave me some new tips about going into a new area. 

Tuesday I got that call from president and then after district meeting we went to schnitzel night with the Schönwalds. I'm so glad I got to go to that. I had been in Rosenheim for six months and I hadn't ever been to schnitzel night. I'm really going to miss that family. 

Wednesday was a fun day. So our power went out the night before so we had to take freezing cold showers. Then the handy man came to finally fix the heaters in our apartment but he couldn't do anything because there was no power. Then thirty minutes after he left the power man showed up and fixed the power. Then we went to Sister Morgners to say good bye. She fed us some really good food and she was pretty sad that I was leaving. After her we came back and had dinner with Brajkovic. We ate some more schnitzel and filled ourselves with yummy German food. Then I came home and packed a little more. 

Thursday was transfer day. I finished packing then Brajkovic drove us to the train station. I hopped on and went out to München. As soon as I got there I was rushed onto on ICE to make my way to Stuttgart. I really wanted to say goodbye to all the dying missionaries and everybody else that I knew but I was out of there so fast. The train ride went by really fast too. We got to Stuttgart in a little over two hours. I got to know some other missionaries pretty well. When I got to Stuttgart Elder Donald met me as I was getting off of the train. We went straight to the apartment and I got all unpacked and we got to know each other a little better. He's a way funny guy. I'm so excited to work with him.

Friday we my first full day in Stuttgart. We went to the mall and met with a potential that Elder Donald had met earlier in the week. Her name was Mita and we had a pretty good lesson with her and committed her to read in the Book of Mormon. Then we had a lesson with a Russian guy named Leo. He was way cool. He said his first prayer in his life this week. I think he can really make some progress. We just need to be good when we teach him.  Then our member appointment fell out so we just went to dinner together to this chicken place. It was pretty good.

Saturday we were going to go down into Tübingen's area but we missed our train by two minutes so we had to cancel it. Then another appointment fell out. So we did our weekly planning and after we had an appointment with Waymond Harrison. He's a member from Georgia. That was way cool. He's such fun guy. I loved hanging out with him. Other than that our Halloween was kind of lame.

Sunday was amazing but I was so uncomfortable with all the English that was being spoken. I did not like it one bit. But the ward so big and so many people were there. I met someone from West Bountiful too!! Her maiden name is Martineau and she's also related to the Grobergs in the 9th ward. Then after we went to dinner with a member and we talked a lot about member missionary work with them. It was so good. It's so easy to be a missionary when you can speak English. haha wow.. 


That was our week. Elder Donald got sick so it hasn't been too fun for him and I'll probably get sick pretty soon. With a new transfer and a new start I want to talk about change. I know that through the atonement of Christ we can change for the better and come closer to him. I'm grateful for this opportunity to improve myself and I know that I can do that with the power of the atonement. I encourage you all to look at your life and find something that you can change. I love you all and hope that this week goes well for you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment