Thursday, November 26, 2015

Chinese Food in Germany

So a new transfer has come and I'm staying in Rosenheim. It's a great area to be in. I honestly think that it's one of the best. It's a beautiful area and you get to experience a lot. I get to go out to Munich every week and am so close to Austria. I get to experience the country and city life. It's great. There are so many fun people to talk to too. 

So on Tuesday, we went out to Munich for our last district meeting with Elder Ridd, our AP. He was dying and it was pretty sad to see him go home. We had a pretty good district meeting. Afterwards we stopped by on the Red Cross building and offered our service. They took our phone number and names and told us that they are going to call us. It'll be good to get some service done and let people see that the Mormon Missionaries are nice people and that we are not JWs. Later we had a lesson with Tony but that fell out. So we ended up making a bunch of phone calls and trying to talk to people. 

Wednesday, we met with Tony in the morning. We had a really good lesson with him about the commandments. He took it really well because he already believes and lives those. We're just waiting until he has his opportunity to fast and pray about priesthood authority and Joseph Smith. He has a really good relationship with God and the spirit so I cannot wait until he does that. He'll get his answer really easily. We also had a lesson with Zvonimir. We showed him a Mormon message about repenting and becoming free through the Savior. It was a really good lesson and he really took a lot from that lesson. Later we went to Kiefersfelden to visit Walter but he wasn't home. It was really sad because we haven't had contact with him for about three weeks. He was making such good progress but now he's just stopped. 

Thursday, the Madei's invited us out for lunch. They took us to this Chinese buffet in Kolbermoor. It was really good. I love Chinese buffets. It reminded me of going out for Chinese with the Grandparents. :) Later we went out to Traunstein to visit a few people. First we tried Sister Timm. She is a less active and she really likes the missionaries. But she wasn't home. Then we got to visit Josef, who is a self referral. He has five kids and really likes that the church focuses on families. We got his phone number this time and set up an appointment but that fell out. We had some really good train contacting that day too. I met some really nice people. 

Friday, we had a lot of contacting planned for the day so we decided to go to the park and split up and do some one on one contacting. I loved it so much. It was so nice to just sit on a bench and talk with people about the gospel. People are just sitting there and they don't want to get up and leave so they are kind of trapped. It was probably the best contacting experience I've ever had. It was so great. Then we had our first lesson with Teddy. We found him by dooring and he is way nice. He's this older German, and he likes to talk a ton. He has a lot of stuff to say but he is very interested in the Church. I have a really good feeling about him. He talked to us for about two hours. It was crazy. But we had a great time and we were able to teach him about the restoration.

On Saturday, Zvonimir needed some help cleaning out his cellar so we went and did that with him. It was nice because he gave me a watch and a cool Bayern pin. I also got a way sick French knife. It is way cool. I was really hoping that I could get one like it while out here on my mission. Connie was there for a little bit as well so it was good to see her. I really want her to keep progressing and just hurry up and get baptized. She's been ready for such a long time. 

Sunday was a good day. We had Tony come to church for the first time ever!! I think he really enjoyed it and he looked way good in his suit. We had a really good meeting with our ward mission leader and that got us pumped for this next week. He gave us some way good tips and then we came home and did some weekly planning.


This next week looks promising and I'm excited to start working more with the members and help people come closer to Christ. I know that this church is the one true church on the earth and that it really does bring happiness to people. I love being a missionary so much! I love you all and hope that you have a great week. Btw we're going to Oktoberfest today so I'll send some pictures of that adventure next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment