Thursday, November 26, 2015

Elder Rodgers...Over and Out

So this next week is going to bring lots of changes. First off transfers are here and I'm staying in Rosenheim, but President Kohler told Elder Rodgers to take a hike so now he's flying back to the land of the Canadian Rockies to resume his normal life after two years of servitude. Then Elder Smith from American Fork is sliding on into Rosenheim with me. My trainer is leaving me and I'm going to be in charge of this area now. Yikes.. Now I can't get lost and I have to make all the calls and appointments now. It's going to be a little different. 

So on Tuesday we had the normal ride up to München for our district meeting which normally takes up the whole day. So there's not really a whole lot of time to get back and do a whole lot.

Wednesday we had our last appointment with Sister Morgner before Elder Rodgers goes home. That was a lovely appointment. We helped her with some gardening and she made us some really German food. We have sausages and bread with mustard, cheese, grapes, and a salad. The best part of the food is that we got some real French sheep cheese. She also gave us some clothes. I got two pairs of boots and Elder Rodgers got a sweater and a hiking shirt.

Thursday our appointment with Sister Timm fell out so we went through the area book and sorted that and tried calling all the former investigators to see if they might have more interest. We also went through and made detailed notes for all of the less actives in our Ward.

Friday, we had two appointments. The first was with Zvonimir and that was interesting. We found out some stuff about him and we need to be working pretty hard with him. It was kind of a frustrating lesson. But that's ok because a little exercise always helps and we got to bike out to Bad Aibling to visit Dominik. He was doing really well this week and so we decided to give him a book of Mormon. I think he's to a point where he can comprehend what we are teaching him and that he'll be able to accept our message. 

Saturday, We got to meet with our lovely investigator Walter. He is doing so well and he looked so happy to see us today. You can really tell that he is improving and we had a way killer lesson about the plan of salvation. Walter is progressing so well and I can't wait until I can see him get baptized.

Sunday, Connie showed up to church which was way nice because we've lost contact with her for a while so we go to talk to her and she told us that she still wants to get baptized even though her family is against the church but that she just needs to figure out her marriage problems first. I'm so glad that we got to talk to her.


So this next week will be mostly preparing to get the new Elder here and send off Elder Rodgers. I love you all and hope that you have a great week. I know that this is God's gospel and that he is truly blessing me as I try to share it. It is such a reward to see people change their lives and come closer to Christ. Always remember that Christ loves you..

No comments:

Post a Comment