Thursday, November 26, 2015

Fishy Soup!

This week was super tough with only being able to speak German. But I think I did a pretty good job at not speaking English. Although I don't really feel like I got any better with the language. Oh well. It was a good experience.. But meine gute it has been so hot lately...

On Tuesday we had the normal schedule of District meeting in München and then doing some contacting in the evening and dropping by on former investigators. So a ton of the day was just traveling and walking around talking with people.

Wednesday we went to Kiefersfelden to visit sister Morgner and do some gardening. This time we cut down a town of trees and vines in her back yard. It was so hot and the entire time I had drops of sweat falling off my face every time I moved. I was sweating like that for 3 hours. After we finished she made us an oyster soup.. I didn't know what I was going to do.. I tried to eat it but I couldn't get anything down. So when she went inside to get some more drink I had Elder Rodgers just down my bowl and eat everything for me. He's my hero. He saved my life that day. After that we went home teaching with Bruder Jenztsch to sister Schrank.

Thursday we had a lunch appoint with sister Schrank again and Bruder Schönwald came with us. She is such a fun lady. I love the way that she talks but most of the time I can't really understand because she speaks Bayerisch. Then we walked to meet with Domink but he wasn't there. So we decided to come back the next day.. It is so hot in Bad Aibling and we have to walk such a long way in the sun to get to people.

Friday we had our weekly lesson with the Brajkovic family. That was always fun. They always give us the best food and show us how they've been emailing our families. So that was good. We had a way good lesson about getting answers to prayers and obeying the will of God. We showed them the Mormon Message The will of God. It's a way good one and gets the message across so perfectly. Then we had our actual appointment with Dominik. He was doing really well today. We sat out on a little balcony and talked for a while. It's good to see that he's improving every week.

Saturday we drove out to München with our bishop to help him talk about a closet wardrobe thing. Then we took it to his house in Bad Aibling and unloaded it. That took most of the day so when we got back to the apartment we did weekly planning and that was our day. 

Sunday we had a baptism in our ward. There was this cute little girl that got baptized by her dad. It was a really good service and the food afterwards was really good. Then there was a convert baptism in our district so we got to ride a train to München to go see that. That was really cool to see a real convert baptism.. The first one I've seen. It was really good.

Today we just went shopping and emails. That's just about it. This heat is killing me. My goodness. I don't know why I picked the hottest summer Germany has had in nine years to serve my misson. I think I'm going to die out here. I hope you are all surviving too. Have a great week and remember to say your prayers every day. I want to share my testimony that I know that the lord loves us and blesses us in so many ways. Sometimes you don't always realize all the things He does for us. I want to challenge you all this week to think about how he blesses your lives. Keep a paper and pen next to your bed and before you go to bed write down 20 things that you've seen the Lord do for you that day. I promise that as you look around you will notice so many blessings. When you recognize these blessings then the Lord will pour out many more blessings on you.. I love you all. Have a great week!!

Not a lot of time this week so I'll give you the condensed version. We got some sick German jerseys last pday.. I'm in love with my mission. 

On Tuesday, we just had district meeting in Munich which was always nice, we were also able to contact two referrals which never come our way. So that was exciting.

Wednesday, was a way neat day because we actually had a meeting with one of the referrals that we had. His name was Walter and he lives in Kiefersfelden. He has had a way hard life and he referred himself through LDS.org. So we just got to know him and gave him a book of Mormon and committed him to read in it. The gospel can bless his life so much if he will just let it happen. We were also supposed to have a lesson with the other referral that we received but that lesson fell through.

Thursday, we went to visit a less active member that lives in Kolbermoor and we biked all the way out there. She wasn't home and we had a lesson in Bad Aibling in a couple hours so we decided to bike out there and visit an older member that lives there.. That was a nice visit and we got to talk to her about some questions that she had in the bible. After that we went to have our lesson with Dominik. We got there and were talking for a few minutes and then his mom showed up. We had a deal kind of a thing with his mom that on days that we came to visit him she wouldn't come because it's hard to drive from Munich all the time. So we decided to leave and come back tomorrow. Man, was that a lot of biking.

Friday, if I thought Thursday was a lot of biking just wait til the end of today. We started the day by going to Brajkovic and having lunch there. It was a good lesson because Connie basically chose her own baptismal day.. Yahoo!! Then Monika, a new convert came to the end of lunch and helped us share a spiritual thought. After that we rode out to Dominik again and had a real lesson with him. I asked him about some idioms and he helped me with the language.  Then we rode our bikes out to Bishop Lederer's house which is by Bruckmühl.. That was a way fun evening that we had with them. We got to play some fun games and get to know each other better. So in those two days we had biked about 50 kilometers.. In missionary clothes.. 

Saturday we went and helped a less active part member family in Bad Aibling, it was a really good service opportunity and I hope we can bring them back to church. then we went out to have another lesson with Walter. This time Bruder Hunger was there and that was a blessing. Because he's an actual German and can really talk and understand he was able to help us teach so much.

Sunday we had lunch with the Jenzsch's after church. We had some wonderful schnitzel and got to know them really well too. They were so much fun and a great family. We playing cards and Jumanji and saw some pictures of when Bruder Jenzsch was on his mission. Then we had a long drive home and took up our day.

This has been a pretty good week and we have been working hard. I know the lord is blessing me and helping me out so much. Thanks for all your support and I'll email you all next week. Caio.

Alles Gute,


Elder Johnson





No comments:

Post a Comment