Thursday, November 26, 2015

Rosenheim 4.6 Transfers

Well this week has probably been one of the busiest of my mission. We got Transfer calls on Saturday and I'm going to work with Elder Faux in Passau. It's a beautiful little branch up near the top of our mission. I love Elder Faux so much too. He's a really good missionary and I've loved talking with him and zone things. So that'll be fun.

On Monday I got my hair cut and then it started pouring on us. Holy cow, then it started to hail really hard. We had a lesson with a potential that Elder Smith had found in the park one day but that fell out. He was this crazy drunk guy that said he'll meet with us on Monday, but it was Monday. Then we just kind of walked around Innenstadt but nothing too exciting happened. 

Tuesday was district meeting and Elder and Sister Zaugg made tacos for the district. It was so nice and good to have that. Then we took a district photo which made us miss our train so we had to hang around the mission office for an extra hour. When we got home we had an appointment with Tony but that fell out so we went and found a potential that was in the area book. She had actually said hello to us and we talked on the street for a while. Then we went over and met with her. She was so nice and she was in need of the gospel but she doesn't want to switch churches. Even though she said she doesn't really like anything about the Catholic Church but likes everything we do in ours. Sometimes I wish that people wouldn't be so stubborn.

Wednesday was had another lesson with Tony that had fallen out but Zvonimir called us crying and said that he needed us. So we went over to see what was wrong. Things have been going pretty well for him and I was afraid that he had lost his job or Connie had decided to come back. When we got there he invited us in and then just started crying so hard and said that his dad had cancer. It was so sad but I was really glad that he hadn't made any more serious mistakes in his life. I know that his father is in the lords hands and whatever happens will be up to the lord. Zvonimir was not doing well at all and he was crying so much so I put my arms around him and hugged him. He really lost it right there and started crying so so so much. He drooled so much onto my sweater that it was just soaked. But that's ok. I learned a lesson. Preaching the Gospel is not just saying words. It's living them. Live what you preach. Being a disciple of Christ is not just reading his words, it's following his example and talking care of his sheep. It's watching for people that need help and doing everything you can to help bring others to Christ. It's not just about sitting in a lesson and telling them about it. Preaching the Gospel in done by your actions. Right there in that hug I taught Zvonimir more about the love of Christ and the Plan of Salvation and the comfort of the Spirit that countless hours of talking could've done. I was so grateful that he trusts and loves us enough to tell us what's going on in his life. We were able to just comfort him and be there mourning with him. I know that that is what the Savior wants. After Svonimir we rode out to a little village called Riedering to visit a new investigator that we picked up from the streets. His name is Ralf and his is so nice. We had a really good lesson with him and I hope that he'll accept the fullness of the gospel. His problem is that he's looking for a new life but he doesn't want to leave his roots in the Roman Catholic Church. He just doesn't want to change. On our ride out to his house my pedal fell off again. I'm so tired of my pedal falling off every time we're out in the middle of nowhere. Luckily his neighbor had some tools and we put it back on. 

Thursday we went by on Tony but he wasn't there. We've been having such a hard time contacting him. Later that evening we had a lesson with a young man named Christopher. He's a referral from Melinda Dzierzon. She invited him to institute and he wanted to learn more about the church and getting baptized. He wants more religion in community-ship in his life so he's investigating our church and the Catholic Church. This should be pretty easy. Normally he comes to institute and we can just teach him there but this week we had to go down to Hausham which is about an hour and a half away by train. So that took a big chunk of our day. 

Friday was also an adventure. So our heaters in the apartment don't work so we've been freeying cold lately, but we got a hold of our landlord and she had a handy man come by. But he couldn't fix it so he called one of his clients and the said they'd come next Wednesday between the hours of 7 and 5. Wow, that's a big window. Plus the handy man spilled a bunch of water all over in our bathroom and just let it. Ugh, after that we went to see how much it would cost to get one of the other bikes fixed. It was a lot so it looks like I'll still be using a broken one for the next week. We also had Brajkovic that night and we made some yummy knödel. That was so good then we had a good lesson about adversity in life. Connie is so ready to be baptized. She knows the gospel so well and contributed so much to the lesson. She was such a big help.

Saturday we got the transfer call and finally met with Tony. He thought that we had forgotten about him because it had been a while since we've met but we just couldn't get a hold of him. I thought that he had been avoiding us so I was pretty happy to find out that he was sad because he thought we had forgotten about him. We had a pretty good lesson but he was sad to hear that I was leaving. He should be getting baptized in the next couple weeks. Then we went out to contact an Italian referral that we got. She couldn't speak any German or English so it was really hard to communicate. I'm thankful for the gift of tongues. Because I could understand about two percent of what she was saying. Luckily we just happened to have the phone number of some missionaries in Italy. So we called them and had them translate for us and she is just the sweetest thing. She found the church in Italy and loved it so much and went to church every week and is reading in the Book of Mormon but then we came to Germany and was sad because she didn't know if any of the members could speak Italian. She knew where the church was but didn't want to come because she can't speak to anyone. Luckily there is a part member family and a member that speak Italian. Oh I love Italians so much. They're so happy and full of energy. 

Sunday was kind of sad. I bore my testimony and had to say goodbye to everyone I got lots of pictures with the members and then we went with the Jentzsch's for dinner. We ate and played Dominion (which is one of my favorite games) and Phase 10. Oh I love them so much. I'm really going to miss Rosenheim. It's such a great area and I hope that I can come back someday. 


I know that the lord had called me to work in Passau so I'm going there with a smile and a love for the people. I know that this church is true and that the lord had blessed his children with knowledge of the plan of salvation through a living prophet. For that I am so grateful. I love you all so much and hope you can see all the miracles in your life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment