Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Week Number 2

Well this week has been pretty vollkrass. So on Tuesday Elder Rodgers and I had to catch the train up to München for district meeting. That was way fun. We sang some songs and talked about how our district was doing and how we could improve. Also, I love being in the same district as the mission office, because whenever mail gets sent there, it just sits there until the zone leaders come to pick it up at mission leadership council. Then they have to take it back and then distribute it to the other districts and it takes forever. But I get to check every week if there is mail for me. So mom, I got your letter last Tuesday. On the train back to Rosenheim we met a guy from Indonesia named Franz. But I'll talk more about him in a second. On Wednesday we went to a klinik to visit an 18 year old kid. He fell 25 meters from a church tower trying to commit suicide over a girl. But he survived the fall and was in a coma for a few months. After he received a priesthood blessing he come out of it, and is now recovering. He is really interested in the purpose of life and wants to know what God has in store for him. Then we had our appointment with Franz. He lives in Bad Aibling and is so ready to listen to the Gospel. His situation was perfect to receive the Gospel. Plus it just so happened that we had an Indonesian Book of Mormon in our apartment. He's so accepting of our message and I cannot wait to see where we go with him. On Friday, we helped with an Umzug or a move and then served at two other members' houses. So we were in Kiefersfelden for most of the day. Elder Rodgers was telling me how that was the most beautiful area in our ward. We were literally two minutes away from Österreich. There were so many mountains and the air was so fresh up there. I loved it. On Saturday we caught another train into München for Pfahl Konferenz. President Kearon was the guest there. So Saturday night we had a Priesthood meeting with him, then another general meeting which was also way good. I got a pretty good picture with him after. We had an Übernacht with the office elders so we didn't have to go all the way back to Rosenheim. So Sunday came and we had to go to a special building so we could fit everybody, and I don't know really where it was. But after Konferenz we went with Bischof Kainz to his house for dinner. Man that guy is loaded. He has everything you could ever need. He owns his own business and has three houses, a beautiful wife and the cutest kids. He must have worked really hard on his mission. But he works a ton. He said he does 400 hours in a month.. Yikes! But we had some fun there, then caught the train back home. Then today! It was a normal Pday, but I had an appointment with the Zahnartz. My tooth has been giving me some trouble for a little while so we went to go get it checked out and they ended up doing a root canal on me. There are still two more nerves that they need to extract so we have another appointment on Friday. I've got this big huge hole in my tooth right now. So yeah, isn't that exciting? This coming week is going to be pretty busy. We've got some pretty good numbers set and we can attain them. We just need to work hard. I love you all and hope you're doing great!! Have fun and remember who you are! Tschüss.

No comments:

Post a Comment