Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Wandern in Der Wildnis














So this week was pretty sick. So Tuesday, we had district meeting so we had to catch the train to München. Then we had an appointment with die Familie Baguardo. They are my dream family. The dad is from Italy, the mom is from Equador, and so it was nice to be able to use my few lines in Italian, and Spanish. Haha, They loved it so much, and we had such a great night. Their eight year old son spoke Italian, Spanish and German. Holy Cow!! Plus he loved soccer. So we ended up playing soccer for about half an hour with them. That was such a sick night! I love soccer so much and I haven't been able to play it at all here until that night.
Wednesday we had lunch with Sister Schrank, and Sister Damm. The old people in our ward really like Asian food for some reason. But it was nice so have lunch payed for us. After lunch we caught a train to Kiefersfelden which is where Sister Morgner lives. We helped her with her yard. She has so many plants and flowers and it really reminds me of Mom. I got a picture of her yard so hopefully I can get those up next week. 
Thursday was also such a great day. We went hiking with Bruder Hunger in the Austrian Alps!! He's hiked Elephant rock! It was a beautiful hike that wasn't hard at all and I got so many pictures of it. It was called Köglhörndl. Oh my goodness. I love hiking so much. Especially in the Alps. I guess Austria just has way better mountains than Germany. But after that hike my calves have killed all week long. We went to die Familie Brajkovic for dinner that night and you've already seen pictures of that. 
Friday I had to go back to the dentist to get some more work done for my root canal treatment. I love the dentist there. He's super funny and way talented. They've almost got it finished up. I need to wait a few weeks to see if it still hurts, then they need to put a permanent filling on. Later that day we took a train to Bad Aibling to visit with Dominik. I'm way excited to be teaching him. We were hoping to meet with Franz too because he lives down the street. But he was sick and was in the hospital so we couldn't visit him.
On Saturday, we got to go to the Lübke's.  We had hamburgers at their house and Elder Rodgers and I gave the wife a blessing. We had such a great time just talking with them. She has been playing the piano for 18 years and served a mission in Chicago. She ended up helping convert her husband. They are such a sick couple! I love listening to her play the prelude music at church. It's so beautiful. 
Sunday, we went to church and I understood almost all of the testimonies that were given. Elder Rodgers had the opportunity to translate for this Australian couple that was visiting. When we had Sunday school, and priesthood I didn't really understand a whole lot of what people were saying but that's ok. Church is pretty great.
Today, we tried to go to the church to do emails because the internet was finally working yesterday. But when we got there today it wasn't working again, so I'll have to send pictures hopefully next week. But we ended up going to this place close to the church called Moser and I got a Lederhose set. They were having a sale and I just had to get them. Now I really look like I belong in Bayern!! :) They look so sick! I also got to try my first Döner today. I guess it's a Turkish food but you can compare it to Mexican food in that there are Döner stands everywhere. They have such a good taste and are just amazing. Shopping this week was super good. We get everything we needed for just over €30! That included some air spray, a basil plant, tomatoes for district meeting tomorrow, and some expensive chocolate milk which we don't usually get. It's crazy how cheap it is when you buy stuff together. 

This week has been really good. I know that the Lord blesses us every day. More than you will ever be able to comprehend. There are so many small tender mercies that He grants us every day that we don't notice. I know that as you live your life worthy of being an example of Jesus Christ that it was have a profound influence on all those around you. I pray that the Lord will always be with you and that you will all be able to shine the light of Christ and help bring others unto him. Every member a missionary. I know that people have such great effects on others just by the way they live. Keep up the awesome work. See ya next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment