Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Everything Is Coming Up Mushrooms

Well this week just kind of flew by. I don't really know where it went.

So on Tuesday we have district meeting then afterwards we had a district finding activity in München. We set a goal to find 20 potential investigators in two hours but we only ended up finding 15 as a district. That was super hard. My companionship didn't find any potentials but we did talk to a lot of people and had a lot of meaningful conversations. I had my first austausch or exchange that day. So I was with Elder Evans our district leader. After the finding activity I took him home and we went out to contact a referral that didn't actually exist. 
On Wednesday I was still with Elder Evans so we did our studies and went to a lunch appointment with die Familie Madei.  They are a really cool couple that live in Ramerberg. I didn't even know where that was and we actually missed our train to get there so we had to wait an hour to get the next one. So we ended up going by on some investigators and less active families that lived by the Bahnhof. Once we got to the house we had mushroom soup.. Yuck! and some really good schnitzel.  Then we had a get a train back to Rosenheim to be able to get a train that went back to München so we could tausch back. Our original plan was to be back in München at 15:00 but we didn't actually end up there until about 18:00. So by the time we got our companions back and were back in Rosenheim it was time to eat and go to bed. 
Thursday we were supposed to help Sister Hunger clean the church but she called us and told us that she couldn't make it that day so we decided to get a train to Traunstein to visit a 96 year old member. She was really nice and we're going back on Thursday to work in her Garden. 
Friday, we had lunch with die Familie Brajkovic. He had me cook this week and we made noodles with a chicken cream sauce and...... Can you guess? Mushrooms.... I think I've had mushrooms at every single eating appointment I've been to.. But no fish yet so that's good. After lunch we went into Bad Aibling to visit Dominik. He's doing alright and he's hoping to be home by his birthday which is July 16. We gave him the plan of salvation and he really enjoyed that visit. On the way back to the train station we stopped by on Frans because he was sick and hadn't been answering our calls. He had gotten home from the hospital the day before and he had pneumonia really bad. He wasn't going to be able to meet with us for about a month or two. We shared a quick message with him and had to get on our way. Then on Sunday he called us and dropped us. He said that he had read for a bit in the Book of Mormon and felt like it wasn't the right way for him. It was really sad because we had some good lessons with him and he was so excited to meet with us.
Saturday was weekly planning day which ended up taking all day long. It was so long and I was dying. We didn't even get to go outside. It was so awful. I also got a headache towards the end so I was just feeling so dead that night. 
On Sunday we had a meeting with our ward mission leader to discuss our investigators and what we had been teaching. That was alright, then as church was about to start Bruder Lederer asked me if I would bless the Sacrament. It's really scary when you do it in German because they use some different words than I'm used to. I also had to give a talk. This one was different from the one I gave in the MTC. First off, no one in the MTC really spoke German so it was fine, second, I got to talk about the Book of Mormon in the MTC which is an easy topic to talk about and bear testimony on but in church I had to talk about the Great Apostasy. I guess I did alright and I got a few compliments from the members after. Later that evening we took the bikes out to go contact some less actives on the outskirts of Rosenheim. My tucus is a little bit sore from all the riding we did. 
So I guess this week was alright. It's been a little more cloudy and rainy lately thank goodness.  We're also getting our iPads on Wednesday. We have a zone conference and they'll be giving them to us. I actually knew that we'd be getting them for quite a while. Oh the joys of being in the same district as the office elders, the zone leaders, the AP's and the sister training leaders. They've all had theirs for a little while. I also see the boxes and boxes full of them whenever we have district meeting. That'll be fun. I can listen to music and we can check emails everyday but I guess we're only allowed to respond on P day. Which is interesting. I'm kind of excited but at the same time I'm not really. It's just a tool and we'll be using.
I'm hoping the internet at the church will start working so I can actually send some pictures home to you. We've been doing some pretty cool stuff here and it's amazing to see how God prepares people to hear his message. He really knows what He's doing and He is sending angels to help us do everything that we need to do. I know that even though life can be hard at times that God loves each and every one of us. He is watching out for us and blesses us. I know that He has restored his church through Joseph Smith and that the same church is being led today by Thomas S Monson. I love you all so very much and am praying for you. I wish you the best week and I'll see you next week. 
Alles Glück, 

Elder Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment