Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Arriving In Rosenheim

Well I'm safe and sound here in Rosenheim. All is well. We woke up at 3:45 in the morning Wednesday and had to fly out to Germany München. The first night wasn't too bad but I had a tooth ache and a terrible headache that kept me up until two in the morning. So I had then gone two nights without really sleeping. Thursday was interesting because it was transfer day and there was a train strike so all of the main trains that we use for transfers weren't working. So transfers were a nightmare. My daddy (my trainer) was trying to help some of the other missionaries get on their bus so I didn't see him for quite a while but he finally showed up and gave me a great big hug. I love Elder Rodgers so much. Er ist der Hammer. He's from Lethbridge, Canada. and has been out for 22 months, so he's going to die by the time I'm done training. Elder Rodgers and I are so alike that it's kind of freaky but I love him so much and we've been having a blast here in Rosenheim. I love it here so much and I just want everybody to know that I'm in the best area and I have the best companion ever.
 I've found that I can actually understand most of what people are saying. I can especially understand everything that Elder Rodgers is saying. But when people start speaking Bayerisch everything goes right over my head. The dialect here and such a funny accent and they change so many words. But I absolutely love listening to the people here talk and I'm learning so much. I'm honestly so blessed to be here in this part of Germany. This is where all the good stuff is. I'll be looking for a good pair of lederhosen these next couple of weeks. The other day we rode our bikes through a rain storm and that was a lot of fun. I thought it would be way miserable but it wasn't too bad. It's been raining here a ton but I really don't mind it at all. I've gotten better at street contacting too. All in all I love it here. The only thing that I don't like is that I haven't played soccer yet. But we talked to some people at church and they talked about organizing a sport night where we can play soccer together. 
One cool thing here is the public transportation. I thought it would be super confusing to use but it's not. It's the easiest thing in the world to do. Oh yeah and the people who sent the pictures the other day and investigators that picked us up from the Bahnhof. Svonomir was a member but then he took his name from off the records a long while ago. Now he wants to rejoin the church. His wife Connie also wants to join the church but she's waiting for Zvonomir to receive the priesthood so that he can baptize her. They are an extremely nice couple and they invite us over all the time. They're really great. This is truly the best place in the world. 
For any of you back home who were wondering my address is 

Elder Johnson
heilig-geist strasse 54
83022 Rosenheim 
Germany
You can all feel free to mail me. That would be awesome.









No comments:

Post a Comment