Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Power of the Holy Ghost


Well this week has been awesome. I don't know where to start. I guess I'll start with the fun stuff. Last night I taught the other elders a new game. It's from Kung Fu "quickly as you can grasshopper, snatch the pebble from my hand." So basically I took out one of my pence and put it in my hand, then I had a bunch of elders stand around my and try to snatch it out of my hand. It was so fun and we were playing forever. I got really fast at doing it and can do snatch the pence with just two fingers every time. So we picked up three new investigators this week but Simone moved. Fabricio is an alright guy but he's only meeting with us because his wife wants him to. He doesn't have any desire to do it for himself. So that's what we can be working on with him. Then we have Marion. We haven't actually taught her yet but we have a lesson tomorrow. Then there's Christian...don't really know how I feel about him. He was born Christian but then later converted to Islam. He's friends with a member and the member told him to meet with us because it would be interesting for him. When we got into our first lesson with him we mentioned that Jesus was the Savior of the world. Then he just exploded. Keep in mind that we have broken German and can't really express our full thoughts and feelings during our lessons. After we mentioned Jesus he went off about how Jesus isn't the savior and how nobody can take on our punishments and sins for us. How we have to be punished for our own sins and he just kept going on and on and on. He talked through the whole lesson about that and we didn't get a single chance to say anything. We couldn't teach him anything and he wouldn't pray with us. It was just a bad lesson. I was really upset and it ruined my whole day. I had so much anxiety and anger build up for the whole day. Until I taught my last lesson with Simone. It was incredible to see the difference between the two. It seemed like Christian just wanted to argue with us, but Simone was so sincere and sweet and would listen to us. She was so humble and you could feel the spirit with her so much. After our lesson with her I felt so much better. I wasn't as angry as I was before. That's the power of the Holy Ghost. So apparently my mission is getting iPads this week and Elder Bednar is coming to do an orientation thing for all the missionaries, but I'll miss it. This week we also go allowance. I guess if you're at the MTC for more than two weeks the give you 10€ every week. So they opened the field up for us this week. I've been out there every single day playing soccer. They Elders in my exercise period are all of the ones learning a different language. So we have the missionaries learning Greek, German, and English. The ones learning English are all from Spain, France, or Columbia and places like that so it's a blast to play with them. I love soccer so much. I wish I could play every day for the rest of my life. Real quick. I'm still the same weight I was when I got here. 89kg!! Plus my muscles have been getting bigger from all of the pushups I've been doing with the zone leaders. I love it here. It's been the best two weeks of my life. Time is flying by so fast and I'll be home before you know it. Tschüss. Talk to ya next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment